DIRECTIVES FOR THE CONDUCT OF STATE RANKING &
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE YEAR 2017
All State Ranking tournaments/ Championships are important events of APTTA and the guidelines/Directives should be followed scrupulously.
- PLAYING FACILITIES –
- The hall should be big enough to accommodate minimum of 3 tables.
- Flooring must be in good condition.
- Light intensity must be minimum 800lux uniformly spread over the playing area.
- Sitting arrangements must be sufficient for spectators.
- All teams /players and technical officials may be accommodated in hotels/guest houses or dormitory accommodation with individual bed.
- Standard food (Non veg./ veg.) may be provided to all the participants near the venue at a nominal cost.
- The host may arrange one photocopier machine and one computer with an operator at the venue.
- Mineral water for drinking should be arranged at the venue.
- Proper canteen facilities should be made at the venue.
- Proper medical facilities may be provided at the venue by the host.
- GENERAL RULES –
- One technical delegate may inspect all the arrangements well in advance.
- Chairman Technical Committee/Selection Committee/Dist Assn Secretaries may be provided free accommodation during the championship.
- Proper facilities for the media persons may be arranged & host association/academy shall arrange Press conference 2 days before commencement of the championships.
- The draw/seeding may be held at APTTA office. The expenses of the technical committee/ chief referee will be borne by the host association.
- The Chief Referee under the supervision of technical committee will prepare schedule and fixture.
- The sum of Rs.850/- per day may be paid to chief referee as lump sum towards Dearness Allowances excluding travelling & boarding.
- The sum of Rs.750/- per day may be paid to Asst. chief referee as lump sum towards Dearness Allowance excluding travelling & boarding.
- International umpire Rs.600/- per day as lump sum towards Dearness Allowance excluding travelling & boarding. on-International umpires Rs.500/- per day as lump sum towards Dearness Allowance excluding travelling & boarding.
- ORGANISING CRITERIA –
- District Associations / Academies & Institutions who are given the option to conduct these tournaments, may be required to pay a fee of Rs.10,000/- to the APTTA immediately on receipt of the option but in any case not later than 15 days thereafter. Failing which, the option may be withdrawn.
- The State Ranking tournaments shall compulsorily include the following events –according to TTFI.
- a) Men Singles b) Women Singles
- c) Youth Boys Singles d) Youth Girls Singles
- e) Junior Boys Singles f) Junior Girls Singles
- g) Sub-Junior Boys Singles h) Sub-Junior Girls Singles
- i) Cadet Boys Single’s j) Cadet Girls Singles
- k) Inter Institution Team Championships
3) The following events may be included at the discretion of the host association.
- a) Men doubles b) Women doubles
- c) Youth Boys doubles d) Youth Girls doubles
- e) Junior Boys doubles f) Junior Girls doubles
- g) Sub-Junior Boys doubles h) Sub-Junior Girls doubles
- I) Cadet Boy’s doubles j) Cadet Girls doubles
- k) Veterans l) Inter School Team championships
The entry fees for participating in the ranking tournaments would be as below –and it goes to state and district associations equally.
- Cadet & Sub junior event – Rs.200/-
- Junior/ Youth/ Men & Women event – Rs.400/-
- Inter School Team event – Rs. 800/- per team
- Inter Institution Team event – Rs.2,000/- per team
- PLAYERS’ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA –
Only Registered Players of APTTA will be allowed to participate in the State Ranking tournaments.
- The Youth event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.1997
- The Junior event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.2000
- The Sub-Junior event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.2003
- The Cadet event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.2006.
- METHOD OF PLAY :
- All the singles (Men, Women, Youth Boys & Girls, Junior Boys & Girls, Sub-Junior Boys & Girls & Cadet Boys & Girls) will be played on KNOCK OUT basis. If the entries are more than 64 in any event, qualifying & then knock out basis will be played.
- No position matches will be conducted.
- Cadet boys & girls will be conducted best of 5 games throughout the Championship.
- Sub – Junior Boys & Girls will be conducted best 5 games till Pre-Qtr final stage and best of 7 games for Quarter final, Semi final & Finals.
- Juniors & Youth events initial rounds will be played best of 5 games from Pre-Qtr final stage onwards best of 7 games will be conducted.
- Main draw for Men & Women single events will be played best of 7 games throughout the championships.
- All qualifying matches will be played best of 5 games.
- All the doubles events will be played best of 5 games on a KNOCK OUT system.
- PRIZES –
- APTTA has decided that prizes to the winners should be in form of Prize money & Rolling trophies/medals.
- The host association shall present individual prizes in men, women, youth boys, Youth girls, Junior Boys, Junior Girls, Sub Junior Boys, Sub Junior Girls, Cadet Boys and Cadet Girl’s singles events as per the guidelines of APTTA. Certificates of performance may also be issued.
The organizers shall offer the following minimum prize money. Total minimum prize money will be Rs.66,000/-.
||MEN & WOMEN
||YOUTH BOYS & GIRLS
||JR.BOYS & GIRLS
||SUB-JR BOYS & GIRLS
||CADET BOYS & GIRLS
- Rolling trophies for the state championship will be sent by APTTA.
- INVITATION –
The invitation of the Tournament/Championship will be the Prospectus, which will contain all necessary information of the Championships. The Dist. associations/Academy who are organizing the tournament should give all the relevant details in the prospectus.
- We emphasis on the organizers to include all the basic information to be included in the document.
- Organizing Secretary Name and contact details.
- That the tournament / championship is being conducted under the direction of APTTA and under the regulations of TTFI.P
- The Technical Committee Chairman and members. (Nominated by APTTA as updated in the APTTA website aptabletennis.org.
- Tournament committee.
- The dates & venue of the tournament / championship
- Date, venue and time of the draws of the tournament / championship.
- Last date for entries & date of with withdrawal.
- All the entries should be sent only to the Technical Committee chairman & in a prescribed form by APTTA & published in APTTA website aptabletennis.org.
- Chief Referee’s Name
- Press Coordinator name and contact details
- System of play for all events, included in the Championships
- The prospectus and entry forms should be sent to the following at least 15 days prior to the commencement of the tournaments to –
All Associations / Institutions / Academies. (b) APTTA Office (six copies) (c) To all ranked players (d) Member, Selection committee (e) Member, Executive committee (f) Member, Technical committee
- CHIEF REFEREE –
- The Chief Referee for the tournament shall be nominated by APTTA. The APTTA shall also nominate a member of the technical committee to attend the tournament, to guide the organizer and the chief referee along with Chairman Technical Committee. They shall take decision on behalf of APTTA.
- The concerned Chief referee and the host association shall send to the APTTA and Chairman Technical committee/selection committee the following details within 7 days after conclusion of the championship/tournament: –
- I) Certified copies of the draw of all events.
- ii) List of ranked players who participated in the tournament.
iii) List of players who participated.
- iv) Results with detail scores from pre quarterfinal stage onwards of all events.
- v) Any other information which in the option of the host association/chief referee should be brought to the notice of the APTTA notice including details of instance of indiscipline and misconduct and performance of umpires etc.
If deemed necessary, an observer may be deputed by the APTTA, One month before the tournament to inspect the arrangement on spot verification for the purpose of confirmation of option to the organization and the later shall provide free hospitality, local transport and all facilities for such inspection and discussion.
- EQUIPMENTS FOR THE TOURNAMENT : –
The make of tables shall be STAG INTERNATIONAL; the balls to be use in the tournament shall be mentioned in the prospectus. Only TTFI approved tables and balls will be used and the same shall be in good condition,
These regulations are the only authoritative regulation for the APTTA ranking Tournaments/ Championships .Any change in these regulations during the year will be issued only by APTTA.
- PATTERN OF DRAW AND FIXTURE
- Seeding in the State Ranking Tournaments shall be made by the Technical Committee Chairman along with the Technical Committee and Chief Referee, who is appointed by the APTTA for each tournament. The seeding shall be placed in the draw according to the rules laid down by the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Last date of entries should be 5 days before the commencement of the tournament.\
- All the entries of Players, Districts Association, academies and Institutions should only be sent to the Technical Committee Chairman as mentioned in prospectus.
- Draws to be held at least 3 days before the tournament.
- The points system should be followed for the draw.
- The points allotted by APTTA are as follows: –
|PRE QTR FINALIST
- The ranking of 2015 should be considered for the seeding of the first ranking tournament -2016. In the 2nd tournament, single points of the State championships 2015 and the points of the 1st tournament for the seedings. From 3rd tournament onwards point system will be followed.
- The rest of the players other than the seeded players shall be placed in the draw by lots in serial wise from the top of four quarters. The lots to be taken out according to the serial numbers.
- Top 16 seeded players will be placed in the main draw directly and the rest shall play the qualifying rounds and qualify for the main draw. The lots to be taken out according to the serial numbers.
- Chief Referee & Technical Committee members will finalise the fixtures and others can observe without interference, as it is an open draw.
- Any player who does not participate in the State Ranking tournament but having a higher rank in the state/country should be considered for the seeding, for e.g.; player participating in National Ranking, National Camp or International tournaments during the tournament.
- If a player not having a higher ranking in the country & if he does not participate in the tournament his points accumulated in the State Ranking tournaments should be considered for seeding.
PATTERN OF SEEDING –
1 & 2 SEEDING ——- BY POINTS
3 & 4 SEEDING——– INTER CHANGE
5 TO 8 SEEDING ——- INTER CHANGE BY LOTS
9 TO 16 SEEDING ——- INTER CHANGE BY LOTS
- The player who played with the same player in the same round in the last two tournament should be avoided to play again in Pre Quarter Final Stage & Quarter Final Stage & the player should be placed by following a lot system in ascending order.
- Players having the same points should be considered for seeding by taking lot in ascending order.
- DRAW FOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
- Total points accumulated by players from all the State Ranking Tournaments should take draws for the State Championship.
- Players having the same points should be considered for seeding by taking lot in ascending order.
- There shall not be any interchange in seeding for State Championship.
- PATTERN OF SELECTION FOR THE STATE TEAM
- It shall be mandatory to all the players to participate in State Championship & State ranking tournments for consideration to be called for the national’s preparatory coaching camp.
- The points achieved by the players after State Championship should be considered. For the national’s preparatory coaching camp.
- Top 8 players may be called for the camp in all events.
- Any player having higher/National rank may be considered for the camp.
- If a player misses to participate in any ranking tournament but having eligible points may be considered for the camp.
- Players having same points shall be playing selection trials and winner will qualify to be in the State team.
- Selection Committee shall have the discretion to consider a player if a player doesn’t participate in State Championship but having accumulated points in top 8.
- The camp shall be for at least 15 days prior to the National Championship. The traveling & hospitality of players & coaches should be borne by the APTTA.
- All the coaching camps shall be residential for better performance & team sprit.
- Once camp is in progress nobody is authorize to give permission for leave other than the coach in consultation with selection Committee Chairman.
- Performance of the players should be taken into consideration with consulting the coach & the Chairman Selection Committee.
- The coach’s report of the coaching camp to include – Attendance, Discipline, Fitness & performance of players along with consultation of Chairman Selection Committee may be considered for selecting the Andhra Pradesh State team.
Technical committee (APTTA)