AP STATE TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION
RULES FOR THE STATE RANKING TOURNAMENTS–2017
- The State Ranking Tournaments are ‘PRESTIGIOUS’ events of APTTA and the host Association and the players are required to treat them as such.
- Participation criteria as per the TTFI guidelines are as below –
- The Youth event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.1997
- The Junior event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.2000
- The Sub-Junior event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 01.01.2003
- The Cadet event for boys & girls is open to only those players who are born on or after 1-1-2006
- The method of play:
- All the singles (Men, Women, Youth Boys & Girls, Junior Boys & Girls, Sub-Junior Boys & Girls & Cadet Boys & Girls) will be played on KNOCK OUT basis throughout.
- If entries are more than 32, qualifying matches will be played.
- No position matches will be conducted.
- Seeding in the State Ranking Tournaments shall be made by the Technical Committee Chairman along with the Technical Committee and Chief Referee, who is appointed by the APTTA for each tournament. The seeding shall be placed in the draw according to the rules laid down by the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- The draws will be centralized and will be conducted only at one place.
- All team event matches will be played best of 5 games.
- The team event will consist of Two singles, one double & reverse singles matches
- Order of play:
- Cadet boys & girls event will be conducted best of 5 games throughout the Championship.
- Sub – Junior Boys & Girls event will be conducted best of 5 games till Pre-Qtr final stage and best of 7 games from Quarter final and thereafter
- Juniors/Youth/Men & Women events will be played best of 5 games before Pre-Qtr final stage and best of 7 games from Pre- Qtr finals and thereafter.
- Points system –
|The points allotment will be as follows: –
|PRE QTR FINALIST
- Entries for the State Ranking tournaments –
- All entries for the State Ranking tournaments shall be sent to the Chairman, Technical Committee in the prescribed format only.
- The date of withdrawal of entries shall be mentioned in the prospectus.
- The withdrawal of entries should also be in writing stating the reasons for withdrawal and to be sent to the Chairman Technical Committee.
- If any ranked player who is in the top 16 ranking under any category, does not participate in any ranking tournament, after giving entry and without withdrawing the same, shall lose 50 ranking points from the accumulated points by him/her for the year. If the player does not have sufficient points for deduction, the points that accumulate later will be adjusted accordingly to cover this 50 points.
Technical committee (APTTA)